Monday, November 1, 2010

Andys Red Chair









Doug Beakstead is a guy that Josh and I met through the car show for Berkley. We painted the "Dragon Wagon" for that. Doug is the man who organized the show andgot everyone to donate all of the prizes. He does an amazing job! Well, he asked if Josh and I would be willing to stripe a few things for another charity auction. This is for a little boy named Kaleb who was mauled by a dog. I called my buddy Andy Kawahara and asked him if he would paint a folding chair that I could letter and stripe. Of course what I get is a bright red chair with 30 coats of metal flake on it. It is awesome! The pictures just dont do it justice, it has to be experienced in person. Josh and I also striped some mail boxes for the auction. I dont know how the pic of that old trailer got on here but I cant figure out how to get rid of it so remember that it is striped on corrugated metal.

2 comments:

  1. WOW DUDE! THAT LOOKS SPECTACULAR! I HOPE IT MAKES SOME CASH FOR KALEB...WHAT A BEAUTIFUL JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again Matt, Josh, Andy - what a gorgeous item. You turned an ordinary chair into a unique, wonderful, work of art! You three rock! #1 Fan

    ReplyDelete